Hey Hey Hey

Hey everyone, we're glad you are keeping up with our travels. Please feel free to post comments and suggestions along the way. We would love to hear from anyone who has been to any of the places we are going. Also if anyone knows of events such as concerts or festivals going on in places we will be please let us know.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lets Blow This 'Super Pancho' Stand (Buenos Aires and Salta)

I guess Kyle made the appropriate introductions so I will get right down to it. After an extra hour on the plane due to storms in Buenos Aires and two hours in customs, I am finally in South America. Thankfully a couple of guys from Houston filled Kyle in on the wait and he stuck around long enough to get me to the apartment. We both agreed I would have gotten off the 2 hour bus ride early, thinking I was lost.

First things first, we decided to walk the city and absorb the culture a bit.


Higlights include the awesome pizza, the search for quality empenadas, dodging traffic, and Carlos´s sub-par internet cafe that we visited 80 times to organize meeting Ryan and Elizabeth. We changed the base of operations over to a hostel from the apartment Kyle was staying at and met up with Ryan last Monday. We caught another of the aforementioned drum shows from Kyle´s last post (awesome by the way) and made it back in time to watch the national championship and argue about horse racing with some Aussies from the dorms.

After some debate we opted to take a plane out of Buenos Aires to Salta instead of a bus to buy some time for Kyle to check out Bolivia and possibly Chile. Salta has turned out to be an awesome town in a valley on the foothills, with good weather and friendly folks. Delicious Lomos al Roquefort have become the staple diet, along with the Super Pancho con Pancho hotdog stands that are everywhere. Sadly, the Chile/Atacama plan has fallen through as the busses are booked for a week, so we are charging up to the Bolivia crossing. Next stop the Salar de Uyuni, then east toward the Amazon Basin.
Cool out of focus views from the plane

Hostel numero dos after we deemed the first one too fancy



Kyle loves his pancho

Salta and environs

On a side note, I have been pooped on by 1 bird per city I have been in. One got most of a shirt and the other sniped my hat. Ryan and Kyle call it a trend...

No comments:

Post a Comment