After six long months of gchat, and the occasional skype I finally got to see my girlfriend! Alexa and Ryans girlfriend Liz decided it would be a great Christmas present to come down and hang out with us in Argentina for a couple weeks over the holidays. I´m going to try to write this post without gushing too much, but what a damn good Christmas present. I think I´m gonna have a hard time catching up on the "who got who the better present" debate. Alexa thank you for coming down here I had an absolutely fantastic time. Liz I´m sure Ryan feels the same way.
Anyway I decided to kinda break this post up into sections and then as usual let the pictures do the bulk of the talking.
Gettin´ Ready for the show.
As you can see Liz is outpacing me.
I´ve got a fever... and the only prescription...
MORE COWBELL!
New Years!
On new years there were definitely the loudest sounding fireworks I have ever heard. We were in the apartment counting down and as soon as it struck midnight it sounded like a warzone outside. We took to the streets and listened and watched for a solid thirty minutes as fireworks exploded constantly in literally every direction. Truly an amazing display that I will never forget. It put the 4th of July to shame.
Enjoying the fireworks.
The firefighters were having a blast on New Years. I think everyone got grabbed and blasted with the firehose.
Photo shoot. Totally my idea.
It truly is Beauty and the Beast.. I might add a handsome beast at that.
This place is a really neat little city of tombs for the Argentine rich and Famous.

One of the numerous "streets" of tombs.
One of the numerous "streets" of tombs.
Eva Peron. Shes famous.
I have no idea who that is, but their tomb was pretty neat.
Food
Really the best part of life, ¿No?
Goat cheese crusted with almonds I believe. Delish!
Lucky for yall I was a Saucier down in San Antone
I call this the turf and turf.
Digging in
Food makes us happy.
Guerrin is responsible for the following two pizzas.
Half artichoke ham and onion, half heaven. I put Buenos Aires pizza up with any in the world.
My best "Asian tourist" pose. Fugazzeta is the cheese and onion monster sitting in front of me.
Personal grill? Sí, por favor!
Romantic Dinner.
Not so romantic dinner.
The red drink in the girly glass is hers.
One of the nicer restaurants I have ever been to, but the food was so good that it was still a bang for the buck.
Being Tourists
El Obelisco
The MALBA
Casa Rosada
First of all she looks gorgeous in this picture. Second, I swear its not a picture of her and a dumpster, the crowd of people in the background are at the San Telmo Sunday Market.
San Telmo Market is still in the background.
Tango in the middle of the San Telmo Market.
El Puente de la Mujer
Puerto Madero
The Beard
About 2 inches of beard were taken from me on December 31st and I dont know if Ill ever find them again. If anyone else besides me had grown attached to it, then I would like you to direct your anger at Alexa. Her and her pair of tiny little scissors cut me down in my prime. Here are a few farewell photos.So with all sadness of the goodbyes to the beard and Alexa and Liz, we did get one new arrival. Our cousin Jason will be joining us for the rest of the trip and should be posting his side of the story on here soon enough.
It was a weird feeling knowing that I was going to be staying put for a few weeks. No bus station confusion, no tour touts, no hostel touts, no border crossings, just 2 weeks of staying put. All in all these past few weeks have felt kind of like a vacation within a vacation. Im still waiting for the kick...
Kyle
No comments:
Post a Comment